IBM Clound Computing Training
1 Cloud Computing Concepts and Benefits
• Define the cloud computing business advantages.
• Define virtualization as it pertains to cloud computing.
• Define dynamic infrastructure as it pertains to cloud computing.
• Define elasticity as it pertains to cloud computing.
• Define automation as it pertains to cloud computing.
• Define provisioning as it pertains to cloud computing.
• Define why standardization is important to cloud computing.
• Define service catalog as it pertains to cloud computing.
• Define a public cloud.
• Define a private cloud.
• Define a hybrid cloud.
• Define the difference between a private cloud, a public cloud, and a hybrid
• Define Software as a Service (SaaS).
• Define PaaS.
• Define IaaS.
• Define Database As A Service (DBaaS).
• Explain the benefits of patterns as description of cloud services.
• Position and compare cloud computing to traditional distributed computing
• technologies such as grid and cluster computing.
• Define software defined environments as they relate to cloud computing.
• Define/summarize how business processes can be automated in a cloud environment.
2 Cloud Computing Design Principles
• Define cloud architecture.
• Demonstrate the knowledge of core cloud service models: IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
• Demonstrate base knowledge needed to advise on creating a cloud infrastructure.
• Explain cloud networking principles.
• Describe the cloud administration interfaces available that can be accessed through Web Services.
• Summarize data and user security strategies in a cloud computing environment.
• Summarize networking performance in a cloud computing environment.
• Identify the role of Web technologies and the importance of Application
Programming Interface (API) in cloud computing.
• Define how solutions in the cloud can be more effective (scalability, high
availability, service delivery).
• Explain to the customer how some popular billing models work and how they
pertain to the software the customer has.
• Define how cloud computing fits in with service management and the
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) model V3 (ITIL Service
Strategy, ITIL Service Design, ITIL Service Transition, ITIL Service Operation,
• ITIL Continual Service Improvement).
3 IBM Cloud Computing Architecture
• Explain the benefits of using the IBM IBM Cloud Computing Reference
Architecture (CCRA) V4 Adoption Patterns.
• Explain the Cloud Platform Services Adoption Pattern for CCRA.
• Explain the Cloud Service Provider Adoption Pattern for CCRA.
• Describe the IBM CCRA V4 “Building SaaS” cloud adoption pattern.
• Explain the Cloud Enabled Data Center Adoption Pattern for CCRA.
• Describe the solution integration process detailed in the IBM CCRA V4 to take
an existing environment to an IBM Cloud Computing environment.
• Design a secure and reliable cloud computing service model.
• Describe high availability and DR as it pertains to cloud computing.
• Define four defining principles of Cloud computing as presented in the IBM
• Describe Cloud Service Consumers, Cloud Service Creators, Cloud Service
Provider, Cloud Services and the Common Cloud Management Platform.
Describe how IBM Service Management can effectively manage a customer’s
• cloud environment.
• Describe the Integration and Extensibility models of cloud solutions described
in CCRA V4.
• Understand the role of goverance in the CCRA.
• Describe non-functional requirements (NFRs) in the context of a cloud
• Describe the objectives of the Mobile Pattern in the CCRA.
4 IBM Cloud Computing Solutions
• Demonstrate understanding of IBM’s cloud offerings for Infrastructure as a
• Service solutions.
• Describe the management support differences of Platform as a Service
offerings between- on and off premise use.
• Describe how IBM Cloud Computing products and solutions can be leveraged
to design and provide an effective Software as a Service (SaaS) solution.
• Explain the concept of a Define Database As A Service (DbaaS) and how it
relates to a SaaS, IaaS and PaaS or any CCRA adoption patter in a cloud
• Define considerations of storage and data recovery in an IBM Cloud Solution
also taking into consideration the different types of storage and how to use
• them in the different cloud environments.
• Define service orchestration as it pertains to Cloud Computing