careers At NewIIT
- NewIIT Institute of Technology takes a proactive approach in job placement of its students and alumni. The mission of the Office of Career Placement Services is to help students clarify their educational and career goals as well as acquire employment-seeking skills that ultimately will attain desired employment. This mission will be accomplished through building good relations with our students and keeping open communication with them. Our effort to partner with various employers and staffing agencies is an on going process. By having career days at all our locations provides students the opportunity to meet direct with various agencies increasing their marketability.
The mission is specifically for:
- 1. Assist students and alumni to develop/clarify their academic and career interests, and their short and long-term goals through individual counseling and group sessions.
2. Assist students and alumni to develop and implement successful job search strategies.
3. Work with faculty members, HR Managers, Recruiters, Consulting Firms, Admissions Representatives ,Program coordinators and administrators to integrate career planning and academic curriculum as well as coordinate internship programs.
4. Assist employers to achieve their hiring goals.
At NewIIT, we offer career advising to all of our incoming students. Whether you need assistance is resume revising, creating resumes, as well as providing interview tips, mock interviews, sending correspondences with students/alumni about current job openings, to career search. We are here for our students every step of the way and do our very best to ensure that every student is prepared to enter the job market. Our career advising department holds job fairs and events at various times at all of our locations. This is to ensure all students have the opportunity to network with individuals who can further assist their careers and or answer any specific inquiries in the industry. In addition, we also invite industry analyst to conduct presentations on current job market conditions in various industries. NewIIT is committed to helping students during and after their enrollment. The job placement department has an open door policy-students are able to walk in and speak to someone immediately. We encourage students to meet with our job placement department at any time for their needs or concerns. Resume Writing Session
While an excellent resume and cover letter cannot guarantee you a job, poorly written job search materials can take you out of the running altogether. These documents give prospective employers their critical first impression of you. Just one typo can eliminate you as a job candidate! Whether you're sending your resume electronically or by regular mail, customizing it for each prospective employer, proofreading carefully and keeping it updated are good investments in landing the technology job you want. We offer extensive interview tips and advice to students enrolled at NewIIT. NewIIT understands the resume is the key to the employer door and does their best to ensure that students are given the best resources needed to succeed.
Just because a candidate has a great resume doesn't guarantee them the job or guarantee that they will succeed during the interview. At NewIIT, we understand that it not just about the resume that assist the process of obtaining gainful employment. We also know that the interview process plays a tremendous factor is landing that ideal position. NewIIT provides an Interview Coaching Seminar which goes through a very detailed process in informing students about what may happen during the interview process. Topics include body language, nonverbal communication and how it affects the employer's perception of the candidate, employers conducting a background check, to handling illegal questions, salary negotiation, thank you letters, accepting and rejecting an offer, etc. In addition, We offer one on one mock interview coaching sessions where students are able to role play with a person to understand themselves better during the interview process. Questions range from generic, psychological behavioral and situational questions as well as technical questions related to the position. NewIIT offers extensive interview tips and advice to students enrolled at NewIIT and are free to utilize any of our job placement services at any time.
Today's job market is ever changing finding the right prospect is not an easy task. At NewIIT we provide staffing solutions with an advantage. We prescreen our candidates to find the right fit for both the employer and the prospective applicant. Our main source of prospects has gone through the finest training at NewIIT which assures you the top quality candidate you expect. We know our clients needs and we know our students well, this is the NewIIT Advantage. We at NewIIT are constantly looking for ways to network with companies and consulting firms to give our students a better chance of finding their career path and industries. We encourage companies and their HR staff/Recruiters to contact our Job Placement Director as a resource tool to help with staffing requirements
Our career development has a proven success rate of placement of 70% in 20014. Some of our students work in major corporations such as IBM India pvt Ltd, CSC,HCL,TCS, WIPRO Technologies,Capgmini, TechMahindra, accenture